From an interesting Huffington Post article. The last two points are the most surprising to me. I would think that at least half of college graduates are in debt (especially since only a third of respondents live with their parents). And I’m pretty sure that more than half of my peers, employed or unemployed, have applied to more than five jobs since graduating.
503 college graduates between the ages of 22 and 26 interviewed in early April about their current employment situation:
• 43% of respondents currently employed hold jobs in areas which don’t require a bachelor’s degree
• 57% of respondents work full time, and only 40% are employed in a field they studied
• 33% of respondents live at home
• 55% of respondents overall, and 32% of unemployed respondents, said they have only applied to 0-5 full-time positions since graduating
• 23% of respondents are in debt