fill malaria pills prescription
take vitamin C
clear memory card
mail out taxes
print flight confirmation from accra to tamale
take out $$$
to get in general:
oh hey, almost-go-home time
I’m flying to Africa in less than 3 weeks, so a countdown is officially in order. I feel like I did a ton of things immediately after I got blessing from my parents (tickets, yellow fever vaccination, tourist visa) and then didn’t think about it again until now-ish. Panicking only a little though, because Maria, our friend who’s lived there for over a year now, is literally taking care of everything from transportation to tampons. (yay!)
But here in the NYC area, warm weather is being a little tease, and it’s 100 degrees in Accra today (and the low for the next ten days is 80. EIGHTY). This means I need to dramatically alter what I’ve been wearing for the past couple months, which is basically a wardrobe that covered all limbs and appendages in wool or fleece.
I wish someone could just loan me hundreds of dollars to spend on quality yogawear, but since that won’t ever be the case, my heart is set on these lightweight, breathable pieces:
- These scrumptious GapBody shorts, in lieu of these Lululemon shorts
- This GapBody dress (my Gap card’s collecting dust; might as well use it)
- This American Apparel terry cloth tank in silver/lemon
- This surprisingly awesome American Eagle tank in the coral color
- And this “moisture-wicking” Old Navy tank in black, of course
I most likely will just end up getting a pack of Hanes T-shirts and wear those the entire time.
We have to cover our knees though, so I probably will get those Gap shorts and dress.
Any other suggestions are appreciated!
We’re doing it family-style tonight, folks. Hard on the stomach, easy on the wallet. Stops will include (but are not limited to):
- Mad for Chicken: technically this is in K-town, but I need these soy garlic wings right now.
- Artichoke Pizza
- Meatball Shop
- Momofuku Milk Bar
- T Poutine
Bring it on.